Sunday, March 31, 2013
fabric is just awesome and I am pretty pleased with how the dress turned out. It´s a very simple (self drafted) pattern. I didn´t want to "destroy" the print with unnecessary seams and darts and I tried to do the vintage fabric justice (it´s a Marimekko print from 1962) with a 60ies A-line style. The dress only has darts in the back and dropped shoulders. In the back, I sewed in a semi exposed metallic riri zipper from my stash that is perfectly matching the turquoise main color. The dark stripe in the third picture repeats every yard or so and probably is a result from a not so perfect print - in reality, it is not that dominant.